DPG awards the title Fachphysiologin/Fachphysiologe (Specialist Physiologist DPG) to qualified scientists upon request. The regulations on experience and qualifications requested to obtain the title can be found in the training statutes. The title documents the ability to independently perform scientific work and training in the field of physiology. Among other benefits, it is meant to open up career paths also to scientists outside medicine.
As of March 27, 2016 a specialist discussion is obligatory to become an established physiologist. Members of the examination board, elected for three years on July 1, 2016 are:
- Prof. Dr. Gabriele Pfitzer, Köln
- Prof. Dr. Katrin Schröder, Frankfurt
- Prof. Dr. Jens Eilers, Leipzig
- Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Köhling, Rostock
- Prof. Dr. Markus Bleich, Kiel
- Prof. Dr. Rudolf Schubert, Mannheim
- Prof. Dr. Markus Hecker, Heidelberg
For more information on the examination board and specialist discussion click here.